It is the policy of this credit union to accept resumes at any time.
Please include information on what type of position you are interested in, whether you want full or part time, what your wage requirements are, and references. We only keep resumes on file for 3 months unless you contact us periodically to let us know you are still interested in a position with the credit union.
HarborLight Credit Union values our employees who are essential to our ongoing growth and success as a financial institution of choice in our Community. We are currently seeking motivated candidates for a Loan Officer.
Responsible for receiving consumer/real estate loan applications over the phone or in person. Reviews and processes consumer/real estate loan applications including approval based on lending criteria and loan policy. Assembles loan application and coordinates all documentation needed for approval and disbursal, as well as verification and follow-up to ensure that all documentation required is received to ensure a sound loan product that meets credit union criteria. Presents loan requests above lending limit or that do not meet all credit union criteria to loan supervisor for review. Disburses approved loans. Ensures that members and prospective members are promptly, courteously and professionally served. Provides general credit union information and cross-sells services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Pull credit ratings, gather income and asset documentation
• Book values on all types of collateral during loan approval process
• Issue monies on revolving credit loans
• Approve or deny consumer loans/real estate applications
• Maintain record of all loan approvals
• Obtain verification of income on all loans to figure debt ratio
• File away all folders at end of day and lock all drawers
• Secure all necessary documents to complete a loan file
• Lookup NADA values per telephone inquiries
• Furnish other lenders with payoff figures of our members loans upon written request by the member
• Do 'repeat offender registration' on applicable collateralized loans involving title or UCC registration
• Notify the Member Service Dept. as soon as possible upon hearing of or being notified of the death of a member. If someone calls or is in the CU to notify us, they must be referred to Member Service to ensure that we get all of the information we need
• Cross-sell CU products
• Attend staff meeting(s) as scheduled
• Meet service standard expectations
• Review and record "release of security" forms and "extension" applications
• Performs other duties as needed in conjunction with above processes: phone calls, typing letters, E-fichency research, etc.
• Basic knowledge of mortgage and home equity policies and procedures
• Responsible for compliance with all required regulations and policies, especially with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies, procedures, and regulations.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate well with associates and members while maintaining confidentiality. Knowledge of basic lending principles. Ability to communicate well with associates and members while maintaining confidentiality. Ability to work with numbers accurately, do computer input, type, file, and answer the telephone. Knowledge and skill to analyze loan applications and make credit decisions based on credit union policies, regulations, and procedures. Ability to work well with a minimum of supervision. Knowledge of the credit union philosophy.
Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a basic principle at HarborLight Credit Union. Employment at our Credit Union is based upon merit, ability and qualifications. No qualified applicant or employee is to be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran, military, genetic status, or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law. Our equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all areas of employment including (but not limited to) hiring, training, placement, promotion, compensation and benefits.