Strengthening Our Community
When you see the HarborLight Credit Union lighthouse, you know you’ve found a safe place to meet your financial needs. But the financial security of individuals doesn’t thrive in a bubble— it needs a sound and stable community working together for the good of all.
We’re proud of our team’s efforts to help this community. They did an amazing job in 2022, helping to strengthen our community for everyone.
We’re honored to help improve the financial well-being of our members, and look forward to continuing to provide tools, information and resources for a successful 2023 and beyond.
Our 2022 Community Involvement Efforts
White Lake Community Picnic : Co-hosted with Carmichael Heating & Air-Conditioning
- Raised $4,000 for Hope Squad
Monthly Charitable Donations :
- January - Hope Project
- February - Muskegon Rescue Mission
- March - No More Sidelines
- April - Every Woman's Place
- May - Hope Squad
- June - Pound Buddies
- July - Harbor Hospice
- August - Read Muskegon
- September - Child Abuse Council
- October - Holiday Family in Need
- November - Area Veterans
- December - Holiday Family in Need
Community Sponsorships :
- Petunia Patrol
- Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing
- White Lake Arts & Crafts Festival
- Muskegon County Fraternal Order of Police
- Muskegon County Firefighters Union
- Whitehall High School Yearbook
- Montague High School Yearbook
- Small Business Expo
- 4th of July Parade
- White Lake Community Picnic
- Whitehall Athletic Boosters
- Magic Bus
- The Hoppening Easter Egg Hunt
- What a Catch Ice Fishing Tournament
HarborLight Credit Union donates a total of $3,000 per year in scholarships to graduating seniors:
- $500 is given to Montague High School to award a student who is planning to further their education in the area of business.
- $500 is given to Whitehall High School to award a student who is planning to further their education in the area of business.
- Four $500 scholarships are chosen at random during our Annual Meeting every spring. Applications are available at the Credit Union beginning in January.