Strengthening Our Community
When you see the HarborLight Credit Union lighthouse, you know you’ve found a safe place to meet your financial needs. But the financial security of individuals doesn’t thrive in a bubble— it needs a sound and stable community working together for the good of all.
We’re proud of our team’s efforts to help this community. They did an amazing job in 2018, helping to strengthen our community for everyone. In fact, last year alone our team volunteered 1,178 hours of community service.
We’re honored to help improve the financial well-being of our members, and look forward to continuing to provide tools, information and resources for a successful 2019 and beyond.
Our 2018 Community Involvement Efforts
White Lake Community Picnic : Co-hosted with Carmichael Heating & Air-conditioning
- Raised $1,300.00 for White Lake Robotics
Random Acts of Kindness :
- At a local gas station we paid for customers donuts, coffee, slushies, drinks, snacks & gas! It was so much fun to watch people’s faces light up with happiness & gratitude!
- HarborLight Credit Union paid for customers breakfast at the Trailside Restaurant.
- During the month of December HarborLight Credit Union paid $20.00 toward 15 people’s layaway for Christmas presents
Monthly Charitable Donations :
- January: Pet Food & Supply Drive: raised $337.09, collected several large bags of pet food, treats, bedding, toys, cleaner & blankets!
- February: Cystic Fibrosis: $90.00
- March: No More Sidelines: $355.00
- April: Relay for Life: $2,583
- May: Sandy Corley Memorial Run: $100.00
- June: Stony Lake Sparkler 5K Run: $100.00
- July: Habitat for Humanity: $70.00
- August: Hospice of Michigan: $75.00
- September: Children’s Miracle Network: $733.30
- October: A family in need during the Christmas: $281.81
- November: Local Veterans $407.35
- December: A family in need during the Christmas: $281.81
Community Sponsorships :
- Taste of White Lake in the amount of $300.00
- 1 st Annual Watermelon Roll in the amount of $100.00
- Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing in the amount of $150.00
- Chamber of Commerce 40 th Annual White Lake Arts & Crafts Festival: $600.00
- Holton Community Center Fall Dinner: $100.00
- Cruz’in: $100.00
- Tee Sponsor for the Montague Fire Golf Scramble: $100.00
- Rotary Annual Meeting Giveaway: $50.00 gift card
- White Lake Community Library: $500.00
- Playhouse for Grand Reopening during 2019: $800.00
- Bethany Christian Services: $50.00
- Muskegon County Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #99: $90.00
- Muskegon County Firefighters Union Local #307: $90.00
- Rotary Club of Montague/Whitehall for Montague & Whitehall’s 4 th of July fireworks: $100.00
- Whitehall High School Yearbook: $55.00
- Montague High School Yearbook: $45.00
HarborLight Credit Union donates a total of $3,000 per year in scholarships to graduating seniors:
- $500 is given to Montague High School to award a student who is planning to further their education in the area of business.
- $500 is given to Whitehall High School to award a student who is planning to further their education in the area of business.
- Four $500 scholarships are chosen at random during our Annual Meeting every spring. Applications are available at the Credit Union beginning in January.